Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Chipping My Teeth

Who would have ever thought that a simple hug could turn into losing your teeth?
It was the summer of 2010 and I was away in Cape Cod with my family and our family friends. Our short vacation was coming to an end, so all of the adults decided that it would be nice to spend our last day at the beach together.
Before I knew it, the sun was setting over the ocean. It was starting to get chilly and dark outside, so my parents thought that it would be a good time to load up the car and drive back to Marblehead. Being a stubborn 10 year old, I refused to leave the beach unless my parents bought me a popsicle. As I was sucking on my cherry flavored popsicle, I began to say goodbye to my family friends. Our family friends have three kids. At the time they were 10, 8, and 3, similar to the ages of my sisters and I. Right before I got in the car, I bent over to give the three year old, Drew, a hug goodbye. However, he was unaware that my chin was right over his head. Drew jumped up to give my dad a high-five and his head smacked my chin.
I began hysterically crying.
I looked in the car mirror and saw that I had cracked my two front bottom teeth in half. While my mouth did not hurt, I could not get over the fact that I was missing half of two of my teeth. I usually tend to overreact when I get hurt or sick, so I was sobbing my eyes out for the entire 2 hour car ride back home.
The next day, I went to get my teeth fixed. My dentist told me that a chipped tooth is extremely common and that it wouldn’t take long to fix. Finally, after a long 24 hours, my teeth were finally fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment