Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Desperate Housewives

I have never been so obsessed with a TV series. Usually when I watch a show, I tend to get very bored and uninterested. I have seen numerous shows, and the only show that I have never lost an interest in is Desperate Housewives. I was addicted to watching this series. I could not put my computer down. I watched all 8 seasons in less than 3 months, an impressive record for me.
Most people assume that Desperate Housewives is a show that just talks about the lives and drama of wealthy, spoiled housewives. Desperate Housewives is commonly associated with the reality TV shows about rich housewives who live in LA or Miami. However, Desperate Housewives is the opposite of this.
Desperate Housewives focuses on the lives of a close-knit group of five women who all live on the same road, Wisteria Lane. Wisteria Lane is viewed as the seemingly perfect suburban neighborhood. Everyone aspires to live in a neighborhood like Wisteria Lane, or do they? When one of these women commits suicide, life on Wisteria Lane takes a turn for the worst. Each woman must deal with their own individual struggles, along with new mysteries, crimes, violence, murder and secrets. Throughout the series, this ideal neighborhood, becomes less and less “perfect”. Each episode brings a new mystery and even darker and more twisted events.
Before I began the show I thought that I would just be watching another reality TV show about housewives and their luxurious lives. However, after watching just 5 minutes of the first episode of the series, I realized that this show was nothing like any reality TV show I have ever seen. I could not stop watching Desperate Housewives. I couldn’t wait to see what happened next.
So, if you are looking for a new show to start, I highly recommend Desperate Housewives. Your eyes will be glued to your phone or computer screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment