Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Gone Girl


I have never been so interested in a book.
Reading is not something I chose to do in my free-time. I prefer to watch a TV show or a movie instead of picking up a book. However, my views and ideas on reading changed last week while I was on vacation. This past December vacation I went on a cruise, with no Wi-Fi or access to the internet. So, in order to keep myself busy, I decided that I was going to try to read a book. My mom suggested that I read the novel Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
I began reading Gone Girl on the short airplane ride from Boston to Philadelphia. I read about 50 pages in a little over an hour. I am usually a very slow reader, so I could not believe how quickly I was reading this book. I could not wait to get on the four hour flight from Philadelphia to San Juan, Puerto Rico to read more. By the time I had reached San Juan, I had read more than one-third of the book. Everyday for the next three days I refused to put the book down. I spent more time speaking to my family about Gone Girl than the vacation that we were on. While reading the novel I was anything but bored. I had never been so interested in a book before.
So, why was I so attached to Gone Girl?
Gone Girl tells the fascinating story of Nick and Amy Dunne. The seemingly perfect Amy suddenly disappears on the morning of their fifth wedding anniversary. All of the evidence gathered by the police clearly shows that Nick is to blame for the disappearance of his wife. About a month passes after Amy disappears, and the entire world has become attached to this case. Everyone believes that Nick killed his wife and is insisting that he is punished for his actions.
One evening everything takes a turn. For the better? For the worst?
Gone Girl is truly an unbelievable story, and is definitely worth the read.
You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment