Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Snake in My Garage


I hate snakes. As a child, I could never go into the “snake exhibit” at the zoo. I could never watch a TV show or video that had a snake in it. Looking at pictures of a snake makes me shiver. I refuse to listen to stories about snakes. I can barely talk about them. I find them to be very creepy animals. I am terrified of snakes. Between their unusual length and size, the noises the make, their texture, and the way they move, seeing or being near a snake petrifies me.  I absolutely hate snakes.
A few months ago I came home from school and my mom was practically in tears standing in the kitchen. My mom rarely cries. I asked my mom what was wrong, expecting her to tell me that a friend or family member has died or was deathly ill. My mom could hardly speak as she replied to my question saying that “there was a snake in our garage”. I was speechless. I was in shock. Like me, my mom is extremely afraid of snakes. She hates them more than I do. I hoped that she was joking, but she wasn’t.
I thought I was going to throw up. There was a snake in my garage. How does a snake even get into the garage? I didn’t even think there were snakes in Marblehead. I was ready to break down in tears. I have never been so disgusted or afraid in my life.
My family uses the garage for everything. We park our cars in the garage, keep our shoes in the garage, get in and out of the house through the garage. Obviously, I refused to use the garage. In fact, I didn’t even want to step foot outside my house. I was convinced that the snake would come back and attack me while I was outside. I was nervous that the snake somehow found its way into my house through the garage.
Even today, I still get nervous that one day I will be outside of my house, or standing in my garage and there will be a snake. I honestly don’t what I would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment